A summer season in Sacramento, CA can provide you and your family with loads of fun and excitement. Whether you like to walk the streets of historic downtown Sacramento, or prefer the sights and sounds of Folsom Lake, our city is perfect for the summer season. But, when you get home, it’s time to escape the stinging summer heat, and to do that, you need a reliable and powerful air conditioning system.
At Clarke & Rush, providing top-notch cooling systems to our clients is just the way our business works. It is our endless goal to provide Sacramento area homeowners with the best, most efficient, and most dependable air conditioner systems around. And to do that, we offer up industry-leading certified HVAC professionals, and top notch cooling systems from American Standard!
Do you need a new top quality air conditioner installation for your home in Sacramento or the surrounding areas? Contact Clarke & Rush online today to get started!
When the heat comes barreling in, there’s only one thing that can provide relief—your air conditioner. Without an efficient system you might find yourself sweating all summer long. Don’t put up with an air conditioner than can’t keep your home comfortable. The solution? Install a new air conditioner in your Sacramento home!
PG&E says you can actually save up to 36 percent on your annual cooling costs by choosing a high-quality, central air conditioning (AC) installation? You’ll be glad you did when the bills come this summer.
The most important day of your air conditioner’s life is the day it is installed. Why? Well, if your system is not installed correctly, it might be running inefficiently—costing you extra money each month! When you choose Clarke & Rush for air conditioner installation in Sacramento, you can rest easy knowing you have experts doing the job. Whether you need a completely new system, a replacement, or a ductless unit added to an addition, our team can help.
For unparalleled air conditioner installation services in Sacramento, California, contact Clarke & Rush!
There are a few choices when it comes to types of AC units. The type of cooling system you choose should be based on the architecture of your Sacramento home, your environmental consciousness, and the size of your home.
- Central air conditioning systems – Central AC units cool you home by pumping cold air through ducts in your walls and attic. With split systems, the evaporator coil is typically inside your home, so if you have limited space, you may want to choose a mini-split or heat pump.
- Mini-split or ductless air conditioners – Mini-split systems eliminate the need for ductwork by using thin copper tubing that pumps refrigerant directly to wall mounted blowers inside one room. This also works in reverse in winter, absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home.
- Heat pumps – Similar to mini-split systems, heat pumps absorb the air from the outside and remove the heat from it, creating a nice flow of cold air inside. Heat pumps do use ductwork, unless you specify for a ductless heat pump. In a reverse cycle, you can use a heat pump to heat your home as well.
- Geothermal air conditioners – Using pipes buried deep in the ground, geothermal AC units use water and the earth’s temperature to extract heat from the air and pump out chilled air through ductwork. This is the most energy-efficient type of AC unit.
Our trained specialists will help you choose the best AC unit for you and your family, and we offer up-front and honest pricing. We’re not happy unless you’re happy, so we’ll make sure your new air conditioner installation or replacement works as efficiently as possible.
Not sure which system is best for your Sacramento area home? The Clarke & Rush expert air conditioner technicians can help you decide! Contact us online or over the phone at 916-609-2667.
If you’re not sure whether you need a new Sacramento air conditioner installation, you’re not alone. It can be confusing, especially if you inherited it when you moved into a new California home. If you know your air conditioner is at least 10-15 years old, it’s worth it to have a professional come out and inspect it.
Older air conditioners probably don’t have as high efficiency as newer ones, because standards set by the Department of Energy have changed. One of the biggest reasons we see people install new air conditioners is that it saves them money on their cooling bills in the long run. It’s likely that a new air conditioner will automatically have a higher efficiency than an older one.
Typically, you should replace your air conditioner every 10-15 years or when you notice any of the following signs:
- You need to call for repairs more often. If you need more than two major repairs in any season, there is no question you need an air conditioner replacement. Even if you’ve had repairs any time in the last two years, you should consider an upgrade or new air conditioner installation.
- Your cooling bills are going up. Despite costs steadily rising year over year, your cooling bills shouldn’t creep up that much. If you notice a large increase, you may need to get a new air conditioner.
- Your home still feels hot. If it never seems like your home is cool enough, you may need get a new cooling system installed.
- You notice a reduction in air quality. If you or your family have noticed a decline in air quality in your home, it could very well be your air conditioner or HVAC system in general.
A big mistake we see lots of folks in the Sacramento area make is putting off replacing their air conditioner, opting to continually get repairs instead. You’re actually losing money when you do that! Modern AC units are more energy-efficient than models from even five years ago, and the savings you get from monthly energy bills should pay for your unit within five years. Since AC units last at least 10-15 years, that’s a whole 10 years of cash-in-your-pocket savings!
When selecting your replacement AC unit, look for the ENERGY STAR® and EnergyGuide labels—qualified central units are about 15% more efficient than standard models. As of January 1, 2015, updated residential central air conditioner standards went into effect; see the efficiency standards for central air conditioners for details, and consider purchasing a system with a higher SEER than the minimum for greater savings.
If you’ve started to experience any of the issues listed above, contact Clarke & Rush! We will quickly and efficiently install a new air conditioner in your Sacramento home.
Wondering why you might want to trade in your old, faithful air conditioner system for a new air conditioner upgrade in Sacramento, California? You might be surprised to find that the benefits are far more than just cooler air. When you choose an air conditioner installation with Clarke & Rush, you can expect:
- Better home comfort. A modern cooling system just provides for your cooling needs better, easy as that. You’ll get more cooling for what you pay in, ensuring your home is well-equipped to handle the worst of a California summer.
- A more efficient air conditioner. Not only will your new air conditioner upgrade be stronger, but you’ll even pay less to get your comfort! The energy-efficiency of newer American Standard and Carrier models far, far outstrips that of older units, meaning more comfort at less cost.
- More reliable cooling. Past the 10 to 15 year mark, you’ll notice that your current cooling unit will need repair more often, and is much more likely to wear out completely. Replacing your air conditioner now heads off the issue, reducing the stress of having to go without adequate cooling in the middle of a summer season.
- Less carbon footprint and helping the environment. Older units still use R-22, a compound that is being gradually phased out due to its negative environmental impact and health risks. By swapping to a new system you’re not only getting a better system, but one that’s better for our planet as well.
Whether you’re installing new central AC equipment or replacing existing heating and cooling equipment, a quality installation of high-efficiency equipment can lower your energy bills, increase comfort in your home, and extend the useful life of your equipment. Energy-efficient central AC equipment will be:
Did you know that correctly installing an air conditioner can reduce your home’s cooling costs by up to 30 percent? Without a correctly installed air conditioner, you may have air flow problems, mechanical problems, and insulation problems that can cause cold air to escape.
Following these industry best practices helps us make sure your air conditioner is:
- Correctly sized to meet your home’s needs
- Connected to a well-sealed duct system
- Operating with sufficient airflow in the system
- Installed with the proper amount of refrigerant
Our team has expertly installed air conditioners in Sacramento area homes since 1963. Trust Clarke & Rush for air conditioner installation services in Sacramento, California—give us a call at 916-609-2667!