Are you in need of professional repipe services in your Sacramento-area home? Professional repiping is a great option for homeowners who are tired of repairing leaking pipes or for homeowners looking to replace old and outdated pipes. At Clarke & Rush, our Sacramento plumbers provide exceptional repiping services that are easy and cost effective.
Repiping sooner, rather than later has some pretty clear advantages, and will likely save you money in the long run. Here are just a few of those advantages:
- Damage caused by pinhole leaks can be costlier than the repair or repipe.
- Undetected water leaks may result in mold growth.
- Pinhole leaks may damage walls, flooring, ceilings, furniture, and personal belongings.
- Repairing or replacing sections of copper pipe under a slab is costly and only temporary.
- Water damage claims may result in higher insurance premiums or nonrenewal of policies.
Contact Clarke & Rush for your repiping needs because you deserve what’s best for your home. We take the utmost pride and care in providing you with quality products and services. Clarke & Rush has been in business since 1963. That means you receive experience and quality, which has always been part of our commitment to our customers from the beginning.
There are many instances when repairing the pipe is the more viable option. For example, if you are experiencing a one-time water leak, repairing the issue is the better option. However, there are many instances where a full repipe is best.
Signs it’s time to repipe include:
- Noticing a change in water pressure or the color of your water.
- Noticing foul smelling or bad tasting water.
- Rising water bills.
- Experiencing frequent leaks is also an opportunity to repipe and save money.
- When you need to replace old, worn-out pipes.
Dirty water, reduced water pressure and rising water bills all point to bad pipes in your home. If it’s time to repipe your home, contact us and get a quote from the licensed repiping experts at Clarke & Rush.
Repiping is the process of replacing all existing water pipes and installing a new system throughout your home or building. A repipe is necessary when a house or office has serious pipe corrosion problems or slab leaks.
There are multiple types of materials to use when doing a repipe project. At Clarke & Rush, we always assess the current situation, understand the needs of the client, and then recommend the best solution. There are two primary alternatives for a repipe project—Copper and PEX. We offer complete PEX and Copper repipes.
Copper pipe has been around for years and has replaced galvanized pipes, once used extensively in residential plumbing. The advantages of copper pipe include:
- Copper is durable
- Copper is resistant to ultraviolet rays making it well suited for outdoor applications
- Copper is resistant to bacterial growth
- Copper is soft and easy to install
A primary disadvantage of copper pipes is that high pH, acidic water leads to corrosion in copper piping.
PEX is the latest technology in piping and has a number of advantages for interior use. PEX is:
- Very durable – for interior applications only
- Flexible allowing it to expand and contract with changing weather
- Easier to install using fewer fittings
- More affordable because of easier installing and currant copper prices
- Corrosion resistant in high pH water areas
- Estimated to have a useful life of up to 75 years
- Condensation resistant
- Quiet (no singing or clanking pipes!)
- Ideal in winter environment
The two primary disadvantages of PEX are its reaction to ultraviolet rays (it should not be used for exterior applications), and it may not be as contaminant resistant as copper pipe.
So which should you use? The plumbers at Clarke & Rush are experts in repipe projects, and qualified to help you make this important decision. We will ensure you understand your options, the advantages and disadvantages, and make a recommendation so you can make an informed choice.
Let the experts at Clarke & Rush help with your next water line repipe project. For complete water line replacements, partial repairs or project installation, we have the experience and commitment to get the job done right the first time at a fair price. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
We’ve been the Sacramento area’s premier full-service plumbing company for over 50 years. In addition to providing prompt, reasonably-priced services such as drain cleaning and sewer line repair and replacement, our plumbers are honest, polite, professional, and experienced.
Ready to improve the hardest-working system in your home? Ensure your bathrooms, kitchens, water heaters, disposals, and every other aspect of your plumbing functions seamlessly, all year long with plumbing services form Clarke & Rush.