Is your heat pump nearing the end of its life? Are you tired of continually calling for repairs? Or maybe you’re ready to upgrade from your existing window unit. Whether you’re replacing an existing heat pump or installing a brand new one, Clarke & Rush is the company for you. We’ve been installing heat pumps in the Sacramento area for over 50 years, so you can trust us with all your heat pump installation needs!
Ready for a new heat pump install in Sacramento or the surrounding area? Contact the heat pump professionals at Clarke & Rush over the phone at 916-609-2667
Heat pumps are some of the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems on the market, and work well with the California climate. If you are looking for an HVAC system that’s compact, reliable, and dual-functioning, then a heat pump is for you.
Some benefits of installing a heat pump include:
- Year-round heating and cooling
- More energy-efficiency than traditional air conditioning and heating units offer
- Less spent on fuel costs since heat pumps use existing heat in the air instead of generating heat and cool air
- Saved space, as heat pumps are more compact than other types of HVAC systems
- Fewer repairs needed as the unit doesn’t ever sit idle for months on end
- And more!
If you’re not sure whether you need a new heat pump, you’re not alone. It can be confusing, especially if you inherited it when you moved into a new house. If you know your heat pump is at least 12 years old, it’s worth it to have a professional come out and inspect it. Most heat pumps last between 10 – 15 years.
One of the biggest reasons we see people install new heat pumps is that it saves them money on their heating bills in the long run. Older heat pumps probably don’t have as high efficiency as newer ones, because standards set by the Department of Energy have changed. It’s likely that a new heat pump will automatically have a higher efficiency than an older one.
Typically, you should replace your heat pump every 10-15 years or when it exhibits any of the following signs:
- Numerous repairs are needed every season. If you need more than two major repairs a year, there is no question you need a heat pump replacement. Even if you’ve had repairs any time in the last two years, you should consider an upgrade or new heat pump installation.
- Your cooling and heating bills are going up. Despite costs steadily rising year over year, your energy bills shouldn’t creep up that much. If you notice a large increase, you need to get a new heat pump.
- Your home still feels hot or cold. If it never seems like your home is cool or warm enough, you may need to get a new system installed.
- You notice a reduction in air quality. If you or your family have notice a decline in air quality in your home, it could very well be your heat pump.
A big mistake we see lots of folks in the Sacramento area make is putting off replacing their heat pump, opting to continually get repairs instead. You’re actually losing money when you do that!
When considering a new or replacement heat pump, it’s best to factor in your monthly bills, how old your existing heat pump is, and how reliable it is. If it’s obvious your heat pump is at the end of its life, save yourself the hassle of paying for continuous repairs and go ahead and get a new heat pump—you’ll have to eventually get one anyway, and the sooner you do, the more money you’ll save!
Contact Clarke & Rush today to get a quote on new heat pump installation in the Greater Sacramento area!